Friday, September 30, 2011

NEW YORK CITY IS SINGING IN THE RAIN AND SO AM I......

Hello Friends!

RAIN!

I want to talk to you about my next serie of pictures that is all about RAIN!

Not very popular:
Soooooo wet!!! (I know that was easy!!),
Dreary,
Gloomy,
Most of the time cold,
Sometimes depressing.
Well not quite joyful............. for most, but for me it is and I hope to translate that to you through my photography.

Before I show some pictures I want to explain about my day yesterday:

During my lunch break I decided to go West to Central Park for a change.
It was about to rain I could tell. And sure enough soon after my arrival in what seemed to be an abandoned park. (A delight to me in this so busy city).
I got great "non rainy shots" I'll show you in this post. And I also got some great "rainy ones" I'll show you later.

I felt really good......................

Once my money maker day was over I needed to go to the Garment District.
I got off on 40th street. Once outside I looked South at the sky:
It was so dark and menacing. No doubts it wasn't going to rain but it was going to pour.

I decided to go towards Times Square.
All I had in mind was "The Red Steps" all for me................ and yes I got them all for me for a moment and sooooo much more.

So before reaching my goal I made it in the middle of Times Square when the first drops started to fall with abundance.

First it was panic among the tourists: screams, running, and here I was under my umbrella with my IPhone the document all of it.
What a delight!!! I Went around witnessing the rainy scenes unfolding before my eyes. Got wet to my knees but it didn't matter.

I felt like a child Christmas morning. ( a wet child!!!!!)

I can't wait to show you ............................................ but not today.............................. 












Peace Love and Photography

CXC