Thursday, October 13, 2011

CENTRAL PARK

Hello Friends.

You guessed it! The topic of this post is all about Central Park.............. It has been the serie I am posting currently on Instagram.
But before I go on how much appreciation I have about this amazing place, I want to tie in 2 photos of Central Park and the topic of the last post: "MOMENTALISM"


This was the perfect momentalism happening to me again.

As I was walking around the park after the money maker day I discovered this fantastic underpass.
I first took some shots from the other side where the Lovers are standing (there was nobody) and I was very happy with the architecture and the details of the ceiling, then I decided to take some shots from the opposite direction.
The first photograph is one of them, but I needed to adjust the lighting with camera+ et voila!!!! Here they were: The Lovers.
It seemed they appeared from nowhere
(Come on! there was no magic tricks!!! They were walking down the stairs towards my direction!!!!), however they had no care of what was happening around them............ it was just them two alone in this romantic atmosphere .....pure bliss.
I just happened to touch the screen of my I-phone and freeze this beautiful moment of these two Lovers.
Cute, no?

So!........ Central park!!

I LOVE CENTRAL PARK!!!!!

This is one of the first places in Spring in the city where you can feel the warmth of the first rays of sunshine.
Where you witness the first buds exploding, the first bulbs blooming. It's always a feast for the eyes and the heart.

Summer: joy and skin are all around. We undress. We play. We live.

Autumn is when the leaves turn and this is where you can witness the change of the season the most. This is the first realisation that it's time to get ready for the difficult weather.
You can feel the nostalgia, certainly on a day like today when it was dreary, wet and almost abandoned. (The best to my standard, it translates for great atmosphere for photography).

Winter: deserted almost. The best for me. I don't mind the cold (call me strange but I love it).
I don't love it as much as when it snows.
I retrograde to childhood state of mind. I'm like let's say..... 10/11 years old........ a total child!
You think with the years I'd be calmer................ NOT!!!!!!
So friends let's make now a snowball fight date at the first blizzard. You'll find me near the lake sliding on some kids luge I just snatched!!!!!!




This serie about Central Park has help me finding some fantastic spots I never knew existed, and certainly look at it with a different perspective.

I never intended to go thru the whole park..... No! I might never. But I certainly grew founder of it.
There are so many great photographic opportunities. Great little escapes from this too busy city.
A little slice of paradise.............. It might sounds silly for people who live in the countryside or even in amazing exotic location, but for me it the next best thing.

This is now my favorite lunch spot. I just like to walk around, people watch and take pictures of my surroundings.

So I hope to transport you on my walks in my Central Park how I see it, how I photograph it...............

























Peace Love and Photography

CXC